December 23, 2007

Bling: (noun) expensive, ostentatious clothing or jewelry

Jonathan and I have an annual tradition of having a Christmas date. And just when we thought Morgan or the busyness of holiday season threatened to end that this year, our super friends Ian and Kara came to the rescue. Because of their generous offer to babysit, we were able to go downtown and have a great dinner at Biga on the Banks. The food was excellent and the company wonderful :)

This was the first date Jonathan and I had been on since Morgan was born. Accordingly, I was happy just to be wearing clothes that didn't have any baby slobber, spit up, urine or poop anywhere on them. And I forgot how nice it is to carry a small purse rather than a loaded diaper bag!

However, what made the night the most special was "a little something" from Jonathan...


That's right, I'm one lucky girl, and I have a fabulous husband!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Wow! What gorgeous earrings! And, that's such a great photo of you guys in front of the tree! Glad to hear your "Christmas date night" went well...*smiles* (And, what a nice Christmas gift from Ian and Kara - babysitting...*smiles*)

Anonymous said...

Wait a minute...you left a baby with us? I thougth we were just watching the pets?

Anonymous said...

You Go JD!! Very nice man. I like the Smooth Jazz look on ya.