Can you believe we are less than two weeks away from Christmas? As the days decrease, it seems my to do list increases. Though I fully realize that a majority of it is of my own making. Why you ask? Because my parents and youngest sister Kelly are coming HERE for Christmas! Jonathan and I are so exited to have them come and share Morgan's first Christmas.
Having them come to San Antonio poses some interesting new challenges ... like determining what holiday traditions to keep, tweak, or pass on altogether. This is a pretty big deal because in my family we have pretty much followed the same holiday routine for as long as I can remember. Some decisions have been easy while others have been a bit harder. Nonetheless, it's fun to start new traditions with my new family.
Now take a minute and tell me about your holiday traditions/preferences...
1. Colored or white lights?
For our "official" tree, it has to be colored lights. However, our unofficial tree and our outdoor decorations are white lights.
2. Favorite holiday food?
I love the cookies! Mostly I love the variety of cookies that the season brings - different flavors, shapes, and colors and always displayed together on festive holiday platters. So irresistible...
3. Open gifts on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?
Christmas morning (though JD's family always did it on Christmas Eve). There's nothing like all your holiday pictures depicting you with bed head and in pajamas!
4. Favorite Christmas song?
Gosh, I really don't know. It really depends on my mood. However, I think I will always like "White Christmas" and "I'll Be Home for Christmas" because of my Midwestern background and living so far away from family.
And for good measure, what are you asking Santa for this year?
My "Santa" is bringing me a new set of dishes! We've had his set of Walmart dishes since we got married, and I've been looking to replace them ever since. "Santa" did so good ... he even picked out the pattern himself (and I like it!).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
That's so great that Kelly and your parents will be coming down for Christmas...ya'll will have a great time! (and they'll be looking to see Nutty in your front yard, so ya'll better get busy and post him out front...*smiles*)
My family has a ton of traditions for Christmas, too... But, I'm looking forward to starting some of our own traditions and mixing them in with the family ones once the baby comes...*smiles*
My holiday preferences:
1. I like white lights on the tree...Scott likes colored lights...so we compromise and do both! And, I think we usually do colored lights outside...
2. I have to agree with you - COOKIES! (although I love ALL food...ANY time...*grins*) Mom and I will be starting the baking frenzy at the beginning of next week, and there'll be cookies galore! I can't wait...
3. We open gifts on Christmas morning...
4. I like "O Holy Night" and "O Little Town of Bethlem"...
5. I'm asking "Santa" for a new cute brown purse to replace the one I have that's falling apart...and for a favorite board game...*smiles*
Hey Barb, thanks so much for your very sweet and kind comments on our blog! I am glad we can still stay in touch and see what is going on with each other's families. I really enjoy your posts and seeing pics of your beautiful family. I know this Christmas will be very special for you with your precious girl! Enjoy every minute because you will blink and she will be a 5 year old girl. It happens that fast. I love every inch of my Holly now but it was so amazing when she was my baby girl too. Lots of love, and best of luck getting ready for your upcoming family visit! Take care Barb, I miss you!
Ok, here are my answers:
1. white lights
2. Barb's mom's coconut maroon pie/cookie
3. it actually makes little difference to me as I usually insist on opening them a few weeks before...
4. "Don't They Know its Christmas"
"...and there won't be snow in africa this Christmas..."
5. Where do I start...
1)me - colored, Brian - 1 color. It doesn't matter what color as along as it's 1 color.
2)Anything my husband makes! :)
3)Well since I'm still a Schlueter, it's a week long if not longer celebrating Christmas and opening gifts.
4)Anything dealing with Christmas
5)So I'm giving all my "Santas" heads up for next year...piano...used is great! :)
Post a Comment