I haven't found a solution for the post-Christmas blues except to leave the lights lit a little longer, keep playing carols for a few extra days, and to recount the holiday highlights through viewing pictures and video taken. So in that vein, here are some of our Christmas highlights...
December 28, 2007
Red, Green, and Blue...
I remember as a kid the sadness I felt as I went to sleep Christmas night. My favorite day of the entire year was over, the culmination of a month's worth of anticipation ended. Soon the Christmas tree would be on the curb, the beautiful decorations would be stored away for another year, and everyone would return to their same daily routine lacking that special joy and glow they carried during the holiday season. I must confess that I don't think I've outgrown the post-Christmas blues. In fact, in some ways it has become harder as now the end of Christmas also means parting ways with my family once again.
I haven't found a solution for the post-Christmas blues except to leave the lights lit a little longer, keep playing carols for a few extra days, and to recount the holiday highlights through viewing pictures and video taken. So in that vein, here are some of our Christmas highlights...






I haven't found a solution for the post-Christmas blues except to leave the lights lit a little longer, keep playing carols for a few extra days, and to recount the holiday highlights through viewing pictures and video taken. So in that vein, here are some of our Christmas highlights...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Yeah, I think the "Christmas Blues" are hard on everybody... We're just now getting around to starting to take down all the decorations...it'll be a process I'm sure...and a sad one at that... But, I'm still enjoying the Christmas tree and plugging in the lights each evening for now! Love all the photos you posted! Morgan's getting SO big! What a sweetie in all those cute Christmas-y outfits...*smiles*
I think our Christmas tree is officially dead. :(
We have such anticipation for many weeks and then Christmas has come and gone. I get the blues as well. I feel truly blessed that Brian and I have had this time off together. It will be hard for both of us to go back to work. Do we really have to go? Brian says this is just what retirement will be like. If so, I'm going to love it! :)
your daughter is so freakin cute. i want to eat her!!!!
You wrote exactly how I feel each year at this time! I'm wondering where the non-stop Christmas music has gone and how about the tree, can we leave it up for a few more months!? ;)
I am so glad that the GUYS got to go out today. I'm sorry that I didn't get to see you and Morgan! :( I was on my way out to visit my best friend when Jon called this morning. I hope we can catch up soon, though. Ben said that Morgan was so tiny and cute! I only wish I could have been there so I could hold her and smell the "baby scent". Enjoy that smell as much as possible, YOU WILL miss it! ;)
God bless you all! :) Love in Christ, Melony (John 3:16)
Morgan is so cute! I love that she and Anthony had the same sleeper outfit. (gotta love Kohl's) :-) I know what you mean about the Christmas blues. Alexis keeps asking me if she can listen to her Christmas cds and insisting Christmas isn't over, I think she has the blues too. ;-)
Love,
Christi
Post a Comment