I have! A centenarian is someone who is between the ages of 100 to 109, and Jonathan's great grandmother turns 106 today. No kidding! This picture was taken of "Granny" on her birthday last year. Doesn't she look great?
Willard Scott saluted Granny this morning on the Today show in his Smuckers Birthday Greetings segment. She was the first person he mentioned. Amazingly, she was one of three women all turning 106 (I guess it's true that women live longer than men!).
Granny is truly an astounding woman and an inspiration to us. She loves her family and lives to see each of member happy. She is an avid reader and researcher and has used those skills to focus on health issues. Obviously, she has learned a thing or two from her studies!
Another amazing characteristic about Granny is that she still lives in the same home she has lived in for over fifty years in Los Angeles. In fact, they have built a subdivision around the home because it's been there for so long! Granny lives there with her son Richard ("Uncle Dick"), and they take great care of each other.
In past years, Jonathan and I have gone out to L.A. to help Granny celebrate each new birthday milestone. Unfortunately, this year with Morgan we are unable to make the trip. We celebrate with her in spirit and plan to visit her at Mother's Day where we fully intend to get a five generation photo. You don't see those everyday!
We love you Granny! Happy Birthday!

8 comments:
"Linda?"
"No, Granny, it's Jonathan"
"Linda?"
I love it! :) Happy Birthday Granny!!
Have I met a centenarian?
no: (adverb) used as a function word to express the negative of an alternative choice; in no respect or degree; not so
huh? What dictionary are you using? does it have pitcures?
i used www.m-w.com
the first entry for "no" was:
1 a. chiefly Scottish : not
but i hope you don't have a kilt. ewwwww.
Linda?
Granny...you know how to use a computer? As well as navigate the internet?
Happy Birthday, Granny!
So I had no idea that you had a blog until just a few minutes ago, and I LOVE it! You're such a good writer. And funny too! :) Yay, Barb!
LOL. JD has said it all.
Post a Comment