December 16, 2007

I think I shall call you Pimpy...

We celebrated Christmas today with Jonathan's family and had a REALLY great time. Everyone got and gave such wonderful gifts! One gift in particular, however, warrants such special attention as to have a blog devoted all to it :)

Here's a little background to preface this unique gift - three years ago Jonathan's parents had four long, tall boxes wrapped for us and Jenny and Brian under their Christmas tree. We tried and tried to guess what was in them, but Jonathan's parents smiled coyly and said we'd never figure it out. Later that night when we all opened them simultaneously, we found out how right they were! We each received a three foot tall wooden nutcracker (yes, that's right I said nutcracker).

The Twins

This year was the same routine - early in the holiday season Jonathan's parents hinted that they had already picked out our gifts and suggested that we would be surprised. While Jonathan and I were shopping at Sam's, we saw a seven foot tall wooden nutcracker (yeah, I know ... almost as bad as a ten foot inflatable nutcracker). However, we rationalized that at $150, they wouldn't buy it. Well, they didn't get that nutcracker, but they were able to find the next generation in the nutcracker collection from three years ago! This time they only got one per family (which is good otherwise we'd be working on a nutcracker army at this house!). They got us once again and all six of us had a good laugh.


As you may be able to tell, this nutcracker is a bit more blinged out than his brothers. His green coat is actually laden with glitter! Plus he's sporting gold chains and applique. And let's not forget that fly mustache. Hence, I have named him Pimpy. So now I realize that "the twins" are the only nameless nutcrackers in this home. Any ideas?

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Le Pimpy! Oh how he glitters in the light. :)

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm...yummy nutcracker...

Stephanie said...

I guess the "nutcracker" theme is dominating your Christmas this season!

Hmmmm...names for the "twins," huh? "Cashew and Peanut?" Or how about "Timmy and Tommy?" I have to admit that I don't have much experience in naming nutcrackers...but, I'll keep thinking...

Natalie Powers said...

i have no words.

okay, i do...wow

Anonymous said...

I believe the most appropriate names for the twins are Lee and Fugg!

Anonymous said...

I believe the most appropriate names for the twins are Lee and Fugg!

Anonymous said...

Be careful, these things can spiral out of control very quickly. Hence I remind you...cows! As for names...someone already said peanut and cashew, which I like. Or I am sure I can ask my creative husband. :)