December 3, 2007

Three months, Eight hours, and Never

Three months - the length of time it's been since I last slept through the night.

Eight hours - the amount of sleep I got last night.

Never - the last time Morgan slept through the night.

That's right! Morgan slept through the night for the first time last night. What a huge blessing!

Ironic too because I was reading about baby sleep patterns in the third month yesterday in What to Expect the First Year and was contemplating switching up Morgan's sleep schedule. However, I decided to wait and pray about it before making any changes. God's answer was NOT what I expected ... it was way better!

In fact, I had been doing okay with getting up in the middle of the night. But when the two month mark passed a few weeks ago, I finally noticed the lack of regular sleep wearing on me. So God's timing and provision are perfect in giving me this gift of rest.

Please Lord may this continue...

7 comments:

Natalie Powers said...

Isn't that such an awesome feeling? You almost wake up scared! lol.

It only gets better!

Anonymous said...

That is AWESOME!! Hooray for Morgan!

Now the key is to go to bed yourself. I am still working on that one.

Congratulations!

Unknown said...

I was super happy too, not necessarily because it meant more sleep for me, but because it meant more sleep for Barb. And before I make myself sound too generous, I have to tell you that Barb has been letting me sleep through the night since the beginning.

"Best wife ever!"

Four Powells said...

Yay! I think you either get a great sleeper or a great body after birth. You got the body back so had to suffer with lack of sleep (stinker!)...wait....Connor was a horrible sleeper...I guess that's not how it works after all. I'm feeling sassy at the moment. lol!

In all seriousness, I'm very very very happy for you!!! ;)

Kara said...

yeah, Barb's a hottie!

Kelly said...

You're forgetting the most important reason to inflate the nutcracker -- family embarrassment in two states!!! Yeah, baby!!!

Stephanie said...

I'm so glad to hear you got a good night's sleep! (and as I'm only slightly behind you in the baby department, that gives me hope that one day I'll be able to sleep again, too! Thanks for the encouragement...) Now...I have to go and contemplate how I'm going to vote on the "Nutcracker" issue...