As I hastily review 2007, here are a few of the highlights I can remember:
- The exciting news of our pregnancy warmed our hearts in January even as the much media-hyped "Arctic Blast" shut down all of San Antonio.
- In March, Jonathan turned the big 3-0. He passed on a big party and instead opted to have a diamond placed in his Aggie ring. (I swear he now likes it better than his wedding ring!).
- Jonathan and I celebrated three happy years of marriage in March. Still going...
- My sister Kel returned from two years of service as a missionary associate in Cambodia. It's been great to get to see and talk with her on a more regular basis!
- Jonathan and I were joined by four other couples as we birthed from the Espinoza's Young Marrieds small group to create a new one with JD and I as the leaders.
- In April, JD & I "baby-mooned" in Kauai for a week courtesy of Grandma Boston.
- Jonathan's sister Jen had a successful gall bladder removal surgery and made other significant health strides, including overcoming gluten intolerance. These were huge answers to the prayers of us and many others!
- Steph & Matt, my sister and brother in law, announced they are expecting their first child in February. I can't wait to be an aunt!
- I was blessed with several wonderful baby showers from caring family, friends and co-workers.
- For my birthday in August, Jonathan surprised me by flying my parents down for a visit. Wonder what he'll cook up for my 30th this year...
- On September 13th, our lives and family were changed forever as beautiful Morgan Leanne was born! Being a mom is one of the best gifts God has ever given me!
- At the end of October, after much prayerful consideration, I resigned from my job as an assistant district attorney. It was four great years! To my friends there, I miss you...
- Finally, we closed out the year with our families here in San Antonio helping us celebrate Morgan's first Christmas. She and we had a great time and made several special memories.
Thanks to all of you whose friendship has enriched our lives this past year ... whether near to us or far away, know that we think of and treasure you! Our prayer is that God blesses you with greater amounts of Himself in each of your lives in this upcoming new year.
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord,
plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future.
- Jeremiah 29:11
plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future.
- Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:
Post a Comment