February 22, 2008

When your called ID says "Unknown Caller"

Arg! Vote for me mateys...

Answer it! It may just be John McCain. That's what just happened to me. I saw my caller ID and thought "What the heck, let's have fun with a solicitor." Instead, what I got in response to my hello, was "Hello, this is Senator John McCain." (Yes, it was really his voice.)

Awkward pause ... thinking to myself "Is this real?" then quickly realizing what a silly thought that was. So I go on to listen to McC's self-promotion telling me why he would make a great president and how he's going to fix our nation.

Finally, I can no longer listen any further and start talking back to the recording ... "What if I don't want to vote for you?", "You really think so?", "I don't agree." Mostly I just wanted to see if McC would plow on with his canned verbiage or if the recording was voice-responsive. Alas, I was disappointed to find that it was not.

For having majored in Political Science, I have to say I am tired already of this election nonsense. November can't come soon enough...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're lucky, I've had 2 calls for Obama. One was his voice and the other was someone trying to convince me to vote for him (good thing Michael let the machine pick up on that one or the kid might have gotten an ear full!) :-)

-Christi

Anonymous said...

Same here. I got a call with Obama's voice and then just minutes ago, I got another one. I picked up and said, is this a machine, and the guy stopped. So I had a little fun with him and see how much he REALLY knows about Obama. He couldn't answer it, so he passed the phone onto someone else who is giving me a bunch of BS. Since I'm in the education industry, I wanted to know how exactly he's going to improve it. Mr. Obama wants to get rid of TAKS, but since it's a state test, he can't do anything about it...hmmm...so how actually are you getting rid of it??? Earlier this week, I got a call to support Hillary. I should have messed with her as well. Now I'm prepared. Though it will probably drive me bonkers, at least I have someone to chew out if I have a bad day with the kids! :)

Anonymous said...

Well the Republicans finally made their presence known in this household. Gov. Perry was calling on behalf of McCain. Ok, so it wasn't him, but a recording. I wonder if it's because we're in Austin and the Democrats were here last week.

Anonymous said...

It's ok Barb, because now you can vote for Ralph Nader!

I'm depressed.

Mells said...

Hey Barb- I just realizsed that I don't have your email address either, so I'm sending my email address through your blog.:) I have two email addresses...the primary one is melonyreyes@yahoo.com and the secondary one is melonymoran@hotmail.com .

:) I hope that you all are doing well. :) I have been checking your blog to see new pics of precious Morgan! :)
God bless you! Melony

Nikki said...

Oh the joys of politics. Kirk would love to have conversations about it with you, real ones even, not prerecorded.