(Yes, to an A&M football game :)
Happy Valentine's Day to my wonderful husband! It's hard to believe but this is our fifth Valentine's Day together ... and I love him more now than I did then. However, I would be remiss if I didn't tell you all about our first Valentine's Day (I'm sure JD is cringing right now).
It was Valentine's Day 2003 and we had only been dating about four months at the time. However, because we knew graduation was coming in May of that year (with the potential of my leaving the state of Texas for good), our relationship had been fast-tracked to see if it was in fact "something". This put only a little pressure on making this all-important holiday (please don't miss the sarcasm) count.
We had just finished second semester law school exams and the ever-dreaded Practice Court program so we were breathing a HUGE sigh of relief. Regrettably, my body decided that it had no more adrenaline to sustain me after six months of red-lining it and I got sick. I was SO upset; I really wanted to make our Valentine's Day special. I remember just crying on Jonathan's couch and telling him as much. He was so sweet and reassuring - telling me that we would still celebrate once I felt better, that it was okay that I was sick, that his feelings weren't changed in anyway. He even had me at his apartment for the day and cared for me there despite my illness.
Okay, here's the twist ... until this time, neither one of us had ever been sick around each other. And while Jonathan did everything with the most loving care, he had one little habit that caught my attention and stood almost above all the good things he did. He lysol-ed everything I touched and everywhere I went. Talk about making me feel like a leper! I finally started crying about this too and let him know how his continuous disinfecting was actually making me feel worse (at least emotionally). Needless to say, he let up after that ... and has been MUCH better with successive illness :)
All that to say, I have the BEST husband ever. I feel so fortunate that God chose us for each other. Jonathan is strong, affectionate, intelligent, fun (and funny) ... the list could go on and on! I love you Babe and I look forward to all our future Valentine's Days together (sick or not!)
Happy Valentine's to all my family and friends as well. Know you are loved and cared for by ME :) I hope you each find a great way to celebrate today by showing others how much they mean to you!
Finally, as I was writing this post and titling it after Frank Sinatra's song, I had to look up the lyrics. This particular verse made me laugh (and no Babe, I'm not insinuating it applies to you):
Your looks are laughable
Unphotographable
Yet you're my favorite work of art
I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be anyone's Valentine who said that about me!

6 comments:
Ok, first; I'm crazy in love with you too Beautiful! Can't believe that we have been together for 5 love days already?!
Second, I was only acting from the mold that my mom had placed me in. For those of you who know her, she does the same thing to all the people in our family when they get sick. Needless to say, when I later told my Dad what I had done, he laughed [I think mentally he was giving me a sigh of exasperation]
and suggested that I never do it again. So I haven't. :)
That's too cute and too funny! I had to read it to Ben. He just rolled his eyes b/c I do the same thing when he's sick- still! ;) It's been our 13th v-day together! Man, I feel old! Anyhow, I hope you all have a wonderful lovely evening. :) God has blessed you two with each other and now with a little angel. :) May He continue to bless you all. :)
Love in Christ, Melony (John 3:16)
PS- From looking at your pic on this post- you both look the same! How do you do it!? Whatever you do, keep it up. :)
For reals, that picture looks like it was taken yesterday! A few months ago, someone came into my office at work and looked at a picture me and Ian from six years ago, and he was all "Wow you look so diiferent!" I said, "Thanks, that is 25 pounds ago."
:(
Thanks for the laughter! I'm so sorry you got the lysol treatment. :)
JD is so right. We were in our rooms and if not, Mom was close behind with the lysol can. Touched the remote...spraaaaaaaaayyyy. Blew your nose...spraaaaaaayyyy.
We love you Mom! :)
Yeah, I think it's time for me to get a new look ... at least a new hair style so I don't keep looking the same! Though I'm glad that I don't look like I've aged :)
But I like your current hair style. :(
Post a Comment