February 2, 2008

Aging Gracefully ... Or At Least Prematurely


I opened my mail this week to this... AARP soliciting me to "get the most out of life after 50" and claiming that I am "fully eligible" to become part of their fine organization.

I'm not sure whether they use that funny "new math" to calculate my age or if somewhere along the way I put "78" as my age rather than my year of birth.

Or maybe they see that my name is Barbara and figure that because my name hasn't been in the "top girls names" since the 1940's, I must fit their mold. In which case, I hope they are soliciting the President's daughter too.

Really isn't turning 30 this year already traumatic enough? Let's not age me another 20 years if we don't have to. However, all those great AARP discounts might be kinda nice ...

Okay, enough of my rant. Here's a picture of Morgan getting to meet her Great Grandma Boston for the very first time last week.

4 comments:

Our Story: Continued said...

That's hilarious!

Anonymous said...

She looks like she is holding a mini JD :)

Anonymous said...

Ahh yes. Join the 50+ people. I got one when I was 29 as well. Pretty insulting huh? :) Too bad we can't start using the discounts like you said. That's a good picture of Grandma B. and Morgan.

Anonymous said...

Now you know since you act older than you are, that was bound to happen. :)