November 30, 2007

Pamper: (verb) to indulge with every attention, comfort and kindness

Okay, so generally the word "pamper" reminds me of the diaper brand Morgan wears. However, yesterday I was able to remember what pampering really means. How? I did something my hyper-frugal self almost never does ... I went to a REAL salon and got a GOOD haircut.

By real salon, I mean somewhere that is not SuperCuts, Great Clips, or anywhere else where the maximum price for a haircut is $12. In fact, I spent several times that much. It was a bit difficult I must admit; I had to occasionally remind myself, "This is a spa day; a day for me. I deserve this; it's worth the money." And in between those reassurances, I did actually enjoy myself and relax. I forgot how nice it is to have someone wash your hair!

Not only that, but I also got a good haircut. The stylist pointed out that the front of my hair was an entire inch shorter than the back of my hair from my last run-in with Cheapo Clips. I guess you truly get what you pay for! So she remedied that problem and gave me a fun new style ... not too different, but a change nonetheless. I'll post a picture soon I promise.

All this makes me wonder why would you name a diaper brand Pampers? Are they really that luxurious to wear? Somehow I'm thinking not...

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

It's nice to have those "spa days" once in a while...*smiles* My mom blessed me with a surprise yesterday - a gift card to a 30-minute prenatal massage...ahhhhh...*smiles* I can't wait to use it!

And, it's a good thing you said something about posting a photo of your new hairstyle soon, 'cause I was just fixing to ask about that...*grins*

Kara said...

Where did you end of getting your hair cut? Can't wait to see it tomorrow!

Kelly Newcom said...

I'm guessing you went to my gal, Susan, because the contacted me to thank me for recommending you. They gave me a coupon. Super! Go Salon David!