July 28, 2008

Girl's Got Skills

In just the last week, Morgan has learned to "share" when asked, point out where her head is, and clap her hands! It's all so amazing to me. We worked with her on both the sharing and pointing out her head but the clapping she started all on her own (granted we did a lot of clapping in celebration of the first two achievements so maybe she learned by example).

On the flip side, Morgan also has perfected the art of protesting loudly when something is taken from her that she really wants and how to ignore me when I say "no" :) When I told my sister Steph this, she wisely stated, "The ignoring skill is really a sign of maturity. She'll practice that one for the rest of her life." So true...

For now though, I'm going to revel in her positive accomplishments. Here's a little clip so you all can share in my excitement:



And sadly, the countdown is on. I am now one week away from turning (gasp) thirty....

9 comments:

Barb said...

Oh yeah, and Morgan climbed like ten stairs on our staircase. I've only ever seen her do one prior to that.

Our Story: Continued said...

WTG Morgan!! She's growing up so fast! How is that I am never seeing you guys anymore. This clip made me miss you guys! :(

Kara said...

So freaking cute. I love her. And you :)

Mells said...

Wow! She's so big! I love the video clip! Good job Morgan! :) Miss you guys too!

Christi said...

Aw, she's so cute! Don't you just love this age?! I'm cherishing it with Anthony just like it seems you are with Morgan! I can't wait to get them together again.

Rachel said...

Happy 30th Barb!
From Rachel & Pete

Katie said...

Happy Birthday! Morgan is so cute!

Anonymous said...

At least now you'll have someone to clap for your 30th! That will make it more fun.

Jason Powers said...

Uh. Door. Uh. Bull.

It's amazing how excited you can get! Today Jack said "heavy" on his own and you would have thought he spelled myopia using the greek alphabet.

Parenting rocks.