July 20, 2008

Mmmm, Mmmm....Good?


Yeah, seriously. I'm not sure which part of this recipe is my favorite ... the "Be sure lymph glands are removed" in ALL CAPS or the cavalier "Cut off front and back legs" or the gentle prompting "If you haven't tried this, don't miss it." Wha...?

In case you're wondering, I found this recipe in a compilation cookbook at a garage sale this past week. The cookbook was assembled by a group called the Woman's Exchange (which I've never heard of and now translate to read "Redneck Biddies") out of Memphis, Tennessee in 1967.

My sister Steph is a fan of these compilation cookbooks so I decided to flip through this one despite its age (and other warning signs). I didn't see any knock-out or even particularly repulsive recipes to influence my purchase decision until I got to this one! I figured for 50 cents I had to add it to her collection. I just hope Barbecued Raccoon doesn't end up on her Thanksgiving table this year (thankfully, we celebrate Thanksgiving down here so I don't have to find out :).

P.S. I personally think the best source for raccoon is the side of the road contrary to Mr. Johnny Jacobs. (And why is a dude in the Woman's Exchange anyway?!?)

3 comments:

Kara said...

Um....not super?

Anonymous said...

Wow! I won't be using that recipe. I prefer the traditional types of animals- cow, pig, etc.

Christi said...

"...the Woman's Exchange (which I've never heard of and now translate to read "Redneck Biddies")..."

That made me laugh so hard!! Gross!

-Christi