March 26, 2008

We're One Fruity Couple

...better than a flowery, silky or nylon-y couple (the other traditional gifts for four years of marriage).

Four years ago today I made the best decision of my life - I married Jonathan and made "my" life into "our" life. And in that time our lives have grown, developed, and intertwined in such a fashion that I can now hardly imagine what life would be like without Jonathan. Truly God knew he would be a perfect match for me. He is a wonderfully caring, thoughtful and protective husband!

I love memories of our wedding day as much as memories of our dating. March 27, 2004 was a dreary, cold day up in Illinois where we were married. However, the excitement of uniting our lives and sharing that excitement with all our family and wonderful friends was sufficient to brighten our attitudes.

Our ceremony was a little backwards ... in that we had Jonathan's Uncle Tom who married us stand at the bottom of the altar with his back to the congregation. This resulted in us looking down at him and the audience as the ceremony was preformed. We also had both sets of our parents pronounce a blessing over us. This was meaningful and significant to us because we so value our parents' loving guidance and example and intercession to the Heavenly Father on our behalf.

The reception was a whirlwind of faces - all offering their congratulations and well-wishes. On the way up to Chicago afterwards, I began to cry (probably from exhaustion) and commented how many of our wonderful friends had gone to such effort to attend our wedding and how little time we were able to spend with each of them. Jonathan still teases me saying I was crying because it had set in that I had married him!

We then honeymooned in Maui and had a fabulous time. It was my first time in Hawaii, and we've gone back twice since. I guess you could say I/we like it!

Thanks for letting me reminisce! And thank you Babe for being the best husband I could ever ask for and giving me the best four years of my life!





5 comments:

Mells said...

Happy 4th Anniversary!!! :) God truly has blessed your marriage; may He continue to bless you two for years and years to come.
I'm sad that I wasn't able to make it to your wedding, but Ben was proud to be included in the wedding party and share that wonderful day with you all! :)
Love, Melony & Ben Reyes

Anonymous said...

congrats yall - you are an awesome couple, and we're blessed to know you!

Nikki said...

Congrats! It goes by really fast! Glad I got to be there and be a part. Love you!

Anonymous said...

What cute pics - congrats!!

Natalie Powers said...

Oh I love those pictures. :) Happy Anniversary.

I'm sorry I never called you. I had a terrible week, that week. I didn't do anything.

We are going to paint soon though...:)