November 12, 2007

Beginning: (noun) the point in space or time when something starts

Well, after much prodding from my friends, I have joined the blogging world! This is all new to me so I hope you will bear with me as I learn. It is my desire to stay connected with friends and family through this blog. I know, in particular, my family hopes it will become a haven of pictures of our daughter Morgan. However, I assure you that that will not be the case ... although I am positive that there will be a great deal of said photos and stories regarding her! In addition, if you are brave enough to continue to visit my blog, I promise you that you will be subject to more than your fair share of my rantings and musings on life and the world around me.

I have entitled my blog (albeit possibly temporarily) "Conversations" - you may ask why. Well, as I was thinking of possible blog titles, I skimmed my memory for favorite movies, music, activities. One thing that came to mind was Sarah Groves' CD entitled "Conversations". While the whole CD is fabulous (as are all Sara's CDs), I really like the concept behind the title track. Its chorus goes:
We've had every conversation in the world
About what is right and what has all gone bad,
But have I mentioned to you that this is all I am,
This is all that I have.

The song speaks about sharing our faith in Christ through the simple skill of conversation and the difficulty of doing that with people we know so well that it seems we've had "every conversation in the world" - i.e. our family and close friends.

And as my small group just recently finished a study of the book The Five Love Languages, I was reminded again that my love languages are "words of affirmation" and "quality time". In other words, I both give and receive love best through these two avenues of expression. In my life, conversations with those significant to me have allowed me to experience love in these two ways.

Maybe it's just because I am so relationally-geared, but I find simple conversations lead to so many fabulous things - new friendships, stronger relationships, a challenged mindset, an uplifted spirit and so on!

I hope you'll join me in conversation soon....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray! I am the first to comment on your blog! DOn't forget to put up pictures of Sasha and Roxy, because my furry kids will want to see updates on them as well. Better yet, maybe our pets should start blogs so they can keep up with eachother...

Anonymous said...

2nd comment!

good for you barb!