March 27, 2009

I do love this man...


Family Pic from Kel's wedding last weekend.

Five years. Today Jonathan and I celebrate a half decade of marital bliss. It's so hard to believe because it has gone so fast! We've been blessed with many great times together over these past years ... and what's even better is that I feel equally blessed for just having his partnership and presence through the everyday mundane times.

Here are a few things I love about my man:
  • The boy has enough A&M t-shirts that he could wear a new one every day for two weeks straight - often though, it is limited to about five days a week.
  • He loves to eat my baked confections even though he is (mostly) committed to his no-carb diet.
  • He makes a mad homemade pizza and is the grill master.
  • He likes things clean - even cleaner than I like them.
  • He hasn't given up the military crew cut that was mandated in the Corps of Cadets, even though it's been ten years since he was part of the Corps.
  • He loves to spend money like I love to horde it; it makes us a good pair ... and lends to some nice "discussions".
  • We both place a high importance on family - our's individually as well as our parents, siblings, and grandparents. And we each genuinely love each other's family.
  • He's a great dad who enjoys making Morgan laugh and smile.
  • He is an awesome provider for our family and has supported me unconditionally in my role as a stay at home mom.
  • He asks for my opinion and advice because he honestly wants to know. And he even tolerates my unsolicited opinions (often tirades)!
  • He laughs at my goofy jokes and sense of humor. Praise God for that.
  • We can talk "legalese" and enjoy ourselves.
  • We both love his parents' ranch and my family's farmland.
  • He still thinks I'm beautiful and tells me so.
And that's just the tip of the iceberg. I tell you I am a darn lucky lady ... though sometimes I need to be reminded of it!

Love you Babe! Here's to another five years of "bliss"!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow; I'm speechless...it's been a GREAT 5 years, Beautiful! ;)

Jen said...

No joke! That video rocked! Great job! And JD's sideburns still crack me up! At least some things have changed the last 5 years! :) May you continue to have a blessed marriage. Congrats you two!

Katie said...

Happy Anniversary!

The Mrs. said...

Happy Anniversary! I loved watching your wedding video. Barb, you looked simply gorgeous. Congratulations on the first five years, and here's to a many, many more!

Heidi said...

Congratulations. I laughed at your 1st bullet point regarding A&M t-shirts because Jacob also has enough Michigan shirts to wear for 2 weeks straight and it bugs me. I remind him he's not a college student anymore and he's fast approaching 40.

Nikki said...

Cool video! I hadn't seen that. You guys wedding was a fun one to be in. Congrats on 5 years! The time will keep going faster, so watch out.

Kara said...

Awe - very cute. Congrats on five years!