March 20, 2009

Wedding Week So Far...

Morgan and I have been spending this week up in Springfield, Missouri helping to prepare for my sister Kel's wedding. We actually haven't done much helping at all - there's been a lot more visiting with family and friends.

Early in the week two of my best friends from college (which is also in Springfield) drove into town with their kids so we could all get together. It was awesomely fun, but friendships (like life) take on a different dynamic once you have kids (and we all three do). Consequently, our get-together became more of a playdate at JumpMania. The kids all had a great time and wore themselves out literally to the point of tears. Thankfully later that night after all our kids were in bed, we were able to reconvene for a little adult conversation ... and to pretend we were young again!



There's also been a bit of March Madness action going. It's one of our family's favorite times of the year as we have our annual competition. Sadly, our Illini did not fare so well in the first round. Nonetheless, the competition lives on! So far, I'm not doing too bad.



There've also been a few opportunities for Morgan and Maddie to get together which hasn't happened since Christmas. Maddie has learned to walk so that has made playing together much more entertaining to watch :)


Maddie giving Morgan a "kiss" in their matching jammies.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Morgan looks so grown up! She's growing up so very quickly! Thanks for doing another entry. It's always so good to see how you are doing and pictures of Morgan. Enjoy the last couple of days in MO. I'm glad that you've had this week with friends and family!

Christi said...

I'm glad you are enjoying your time away! I love that last picture of Morgan, she's just so cute!! Hope to see y'all soon.

Katie said...

looks like ya'll are having a ton of fun. enjoy!!!

Trina said...

I am so glad you are enjoying your visit with your family. The girls look so sweet together.

Kara said...

Sheesh, Morgan is getting so big! Where is the time going?

Ginger said...

Hey Barb! Found your blog through Kelly's - we met @ Starbucks the other night :-) Love the pics, and wanted to say I also went to U of I (Champaign) for grad school! Small world :-) Hope to see you again!