But for those faithful few who keep checking in on me (or more likely - my cute daughter), I'm here blogging for you with the randomness of my life of late. I'm warning you; it's lame...
1. What I LOVE Right Now.
Seriously, this stuff is A-Freaking-Mazing! What is it you ask? It's like a miracle dishwashing solution for anyone with hard water. We replaced our dishwasher about a month ago after suffering through many long months of its lackluster performance. However, I was pissed when the new dishwasher seemed to not do much better. About that time, it dawned on me that our hard water was a potential culprit for all the spots and splotches on our "clean" dishes. In doing some research to test my theory, I came across LemiShine. I found it at Walmart for like $2.50. I gave it a whirl, and my dishes (which have a rough finish to them that doesn't clean easily) looked like they did the day I bought them. Brings a tear to my eye even still. I've used it several times since and still rave at how my dishes look. I'm telling you JUST TRY IT if you have hard water!I told you my life is lame ... and revolves on simple pleasures. Oh, and no, I don't regret buying the new dishwasher ;)
2. What I HATE Right Now.
Yes, it's true I have a complex over this book series. I feel like something must be wrong with me because EVERYONE else I know (and whose opinions I respect) LOVES this series. I just don't. I can't stand it. I read Twilight (Book #1) and hated the first 17 chapters of it (these chapters were mostly about budding teenage romance). The last seven chapters were the only ones worth reading (the ones containing a good vs. evil battle) but still didn't vindicate the rest of the book. I decided I'd start New Moon (Book #2) in hopes that things would get better. Nope. After three chapters, I could see it was going to be more of the same and stopped reading. I will probably watch the Twilight movie when it comes out on DVD later this month to see if I like it any better than the books, but I will likely not finish this series. Plus I have a few good friends (Twilight groupies) who said they'd fill me in ad nauseam on the rest of the story over dinner or coffee - a prospect which sounds infinitely better than wasting more hours of my life on these books. There are just too many other more worthy reads on my list.So what's my beef with these books you ask? No, it's not the vampires; I don't care about that. Let me see if I can enumerate some of the reasons...
a. The pathetic teenage love story. It's so over-the-top and melodramatic. It's the whole "My Life is Nothing Without You" mantra that makes me want to stick my finger down my throat. This is the same reason I dislike Shakespeare's Romeo & Juliet. I know, again, this makes me weird. And yes, I was a teenager once, but honestly I don't think I ever acted this way over someone I was with. If you knew me back then, please correct me if I'm wrong...
b. The female lead, Bella. The author wants the reader to believe this girl is supposed to be intelligent. Um no. The girl is so irrational in her thought processes and actions that there's just no way. A friend of mine from high school (who enjoyed the series) summed Bella up well: "Bella was so whiny if she had been in the same room as me I would have slapped her."
c. Poor writing. I appreciate that these are Stephenie Meyer's first published books, but her writing did not overwhelm me. And I can forgive a lot for the sake of a good story.
Enough of my rant. I still love all my Twilight-entranced friends and hope they will tolerate me despite my perhaps-too-loudly-and-avidly-stated distate for Twilight :)
3. What Is Going On In My/Our Life Right Now.
A few highlights:
- Morgan turns 18 months on Friday. I can't believe she's already this old...
- My youngest sister Kelly gets married in a week. M & I will head up to be with her and the rest of the family next week in preparation. Jonathan will join us for the wedding weekend.
- I've been able to expand my legal practice in the past few months.
- JD & I booked tickets for a four day weekend in NYC to celebrate our 5th anniversary. Grandpa & Grandma Schlueter are going to watch M!!

7 comments:
I'm so excited - another blog to add to my blog roll!
Honestly, while I enjoyed the Twilight series I also died a little inside each time I picked up one of the books. I read the hefty "The Pillars of the Earth" before starting the series to make up for the torture I was subjecting myself to with Edward and Bella. I'll also admit that I breathed a sigh of relief to find "The End" written at the conclusion of the fourth book. Here's hoping that holds true.
And no, you were absolutely nothing like Bella in high school. Wouldn't you have loved to have Bella in our AP English class only so we could have set her straight? I would have paid good money to watch CAC breakdown Bella's theatrics.
I'm also looking for LemiShine next time I'm at Wal-Mart. Thanks for the product recommendation!
I'm so glad you posted another blog, I'm always checking. :-) I haven't tried the Twilight series. I'm a huge Harry Potter fan and am worried about being incredibly disappointed, which sounds like I would be!
I'm having a hard time believing the kids are almost 18 months too. Anthony is acting more and more like a 2 year old and I find myself constantly correcting him day after day.
I hope things go well for your sister's wedding and NYC! Wow! That's wonderful, I hope you guys have a great time.
Looking forward to seeing you soon!
I was wondering when you'd blog again! :) I still check, but not as frequently as before. Facebook is pretty good. Can't wait to see you guys tomorrow!
Well I am sooo glad that you blogged because I have been having such a hard time with my dishwasher (no pun intended:) and the yucky white stuff left on my dishes. I am going to Wal-Mart TODAY to get some of that miracle working stuff! Have a great weekend!!:)
Jennifer Conant
ya'll should let Josh and Andrea know when ya'll are going to be in NY. they would probably want to meet ya'll for dinner one night. just a suggestion.
Hi Barb!!
I bought LemiShine and I am not sure I am using it right. My dishes are still dirty! Help please.
Trina
Ok, I was having the same problem with my dishes and we had a brand new dishwasher. So I made the repair guy come look at it from where we got our dishwasher. I learned a TON from this wise old man. Lemishine works great he said, but good ol vinegar works just as well. Run 1 cup of vinegar through the wash cycle with no dishes to get rid of all buidup residue. Then from there on out use your dish soap (just a teaspoon will do) and a teaspoon of vinegar in with it and you will have sparkling dishes. All the white film is gone from our dishes. He also said don't use the packs of soap with the gel (marketing ploy) or liquid detergent. Good ol fashioned cheap powder stuff is best. It is from hard water that you get that kind of stuff. So if you can't find Lemishine, just use vinegar.
Post a Comment