January 5, 2009

The tree is put away...

...but the warm feelings of a fabulous Christmas season spent with our awesome families remain. We have so many great memories of this holiday season! Unfortunately, I didn't capture nearly as many of them as I would've liked on camera (and after seeing the ones I did catch, I'm wishing for a better camera or better knowledge of my current camera). Nonetheless, I've attached a few pics for your curious eyes.

As you may have read in my last post, our Christmas celebrations were kicked off by a family flu. So much fun... As a result, our Schlueter family Christmas was postponed to New Year's Day. Thankfully, all three of us felt fine as we left for Chicago the Monday of Christmas week. We spent two days up in the Windy City where we enjoyed single digit temperatures, falling snow, beautiful holiday lights, Chicago-style pizza (twice!), and, of course, family!

Christmas Eve was spent in a Hyatt Hotel in one of the suburbs. Kel and Jess joined us there, and we celebrated our Walsh family Christmas (minus the Polites' who were with Matt's family). Christmas Day was spent at the Kilmer Farm with a crowd of 37 people (all family!!). It was so much fun to be back with everyone after taking last year off. The day after Christmas we were able to visit with Grandma Walsh, and then Saturday we dealt with the nightmare that was Midway Airport (long story...). On the upside, we made it home on our originally scheduled flights and Morgan was angel!

My cute little family

Morgan and Daddy enjoying one of their favorite toys - Legos!

I swear you can bribe my daughter with a box of raisins these days.

My adorable niece Maddie

Matching Cousins

New Year's Eve we headed up to the Schlueter Family Ranch and celebrated that holiday with Dad & Mom Schlueter. No New Year's is complete without Mamma Mia and smore's :) (I must admit I now find I keep singing Abba songs). I was also proud of the rest of the fam - everyone actually stayed awake for the New Year this year!!

New Year's Day, Jen & Brian and Grandpa & Grandma Schlueter joined us at the ranch for our belated Christmas celebration. We had a great lunch of honey-baked ham, rolls, mashed potatos (I made 10 lbs. worth - it was a bit much), and a chocolate trifle. Then it was onto the gifts! By this point in the season, Morgan was a pro at opening gifts and went to town on her packages and everyone else's. Jen & Brian were the givers of this year's tacky gift - a pastel pink, prelit, four-foot Christmas tree! Sadly, I don't have pictures. Brian claims if we had had Christmas on the originally scheduled date, we wouldn't have received it since he found it in a post-Christmas sale. Darn flu...

Happy with Grandpa & Grandma

Teaching her right...

I love the bows!

Hope you all enjoyed your holidays as well! I look forward to seeing you in this new year. Like Kara, I refuse to make resolutions because I hate to be disappointed and am too realistic to think I might actually keep them. Accordingly, I don't make any promises to get better about blogging more frequently. If you really want to keep tabs on me, join Facebook . I'm on there all the time!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We enjoyed spending the 1st with you guys as well. And you get a small glimpse of the tacky tree in the 1st photo. Hey, Morgan likes it. All she said, "Ohhhh." I'm telling you, it's her night light! :) Do as you wish. It's another item for the Ly collection! :)

Christi said...

I love the bow picture! It looks like y'all had a lot of fun and I'm glad the flu is no longer making it's way through your family.

Barb said...

You're right Jen, you can see "Pinky" (until a better name comes along) in the shot of Morgan with your parents :) Sadly, I'm sure Morgan is going to continue to love that darn tree as she gets older!

Ly indeed...

Anonymous said...

How funny. Brian called it "Pinky" last night as well. So sorry that she loves it! :)

Kara said...

I would love to see Morgan after some Starbucks - well, maybe just for a few minutes, and then I would just leave her with you :)