Yep, that's right - my sweet baby girl is about to turn ONE. I can hardly believe a whole year has passed already; I've never had a year go by so fast in my life. And what amazing transformations and growth a baby goes through in a year. Morgan is no longer a baby but a little girl! My little girl :)
While there are still have a few more days until Morgan's actual birthday, we threw her birthday party this past weekend while my parents were in San Antonio visiting us. Jonathan's parents were SO gracious to host it at their ranch (and even more gracious when over 40 people showed up when we promised them it would be more like 25-30). Thanks Dad and Mom!
Thankfully, the weather was beautiful and the temperature was not too hot such that we could enjoy the beautiful Hill Country scenery. Dad even had a tractor pull going transporting people around the property - most wanted rides to the fish pond where some were fishing.
After a tasty fajita dinner, the real fun began - cake time! Of course, it wouldn't be a party without one of Kara's stunning cakes. The impressive part about this was I told Kara to decorate Morgan's cake however she wanted - and, no joke, she came up with exactly what I would have requested! It was SO beautiful and totally yummy. As you can see, Morgan's first experience with refined sugar was a very positive one. And she only got a little messy.
Here are a few party pics for you to enjoy -

Special thanks to everyone who helped make Morgan's party turn out so great and to all who helped her celebrate, including:
- Dad and Mom Schlueter for opening up the ranch and hosting us all.
- Both Moms for their great work in the kitchen.
- Jonathan and both Dads for their work at the grill and running food in and out of the house.
- Jen for watching Morgan while we all ran around like chickens with our heads cut off.
- Dad and Mom Walsh for traveling down from Missouri for the party.
- Kara for making a beautiful cake and taking all the pictures so I didn't have to.

2 comments:
What fun!! Morgan is such a beautiful girl and I'm glad she had such a special 1st birthday! That cake is amazing, by the way! Happy (early) Birthday Morgan! We miss you guys!
I love that first picture of Morgan - the slobber and all! Thanks for hosting such a fun day :)
Post a Comment