May 27, 2008

Water Baby

Today Morgan experienced "swimming" for the very first time. My friend Kristi has a pool at her house so as part of our weekly playdate Audrey and Morgan took a dip. I was a bit skeptical that it would be a positive experience since Morgan cried through bathtime for the first four months of her life. However, I wasn't going to miss a chance to put her in her cute Gap swimsuit if nothing else :) Check out how cute she looks...

Thankfully, Morgan did really well with this new "first". As Kristi said, she seemed to enjoy herself about 80% of the time. She didn't have a meltdown upon entering the water which I totally expected. And once she acclimated to the water she road around in Audrey's inflatable turtle and allowed me to glide her around on her stomach in mock-swimming style. We were all entertained as she tried to lap up the water with her tongue like a dog. We think she must've liked the pool's saltiness.

So now that we know Morgan enjoys pools, bring on the summer!


The Twins :)
Nothing cuter than babies in tiny swimsuits!

Part of the 20%
[Disregard my blinding white skin]

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

Love Morgan's swimsuit! It's SO cute! And, I'm glad she had fun in the pool... Kassia played in a little baby pool my parents bought for her on Sunday, and she had a blast...(we filled it with warm water, so it was like taking a really big bath...*smiles*) That's a very cool float Morgan's riding in, too... Our friends got us something similar in a much smaller version, so we're hoping to use it this summer...*smiles*

Kelly said...

Thanks for reminding me that I have the cutest niece in the world
!!! When are you guys coming back up here? I really need a date to fixate on : )

Kara said...

Holy cow Morgan is so cute!! That swimsuit is just adorable. What a little stinker.

Mells said...

I LOVE the way Morgan looks in her bathing suit! I can't say it enough, she's TOO ADORABLE!!! I am so glad that she enjoyed the pool! Rachel doesn't like water on her face in the bath, but she LOVES the pool. :) We've been taking her to our apt pool for 2 yrs. now! Today was our FIRST pool time this year! :) You look great too!!! :) God bless you all! :) Love, Melony

Anonymous said...

Morgan is absolutely adorable in her suit. Barb you look great too! It sounds like a pool might be in the future for your household. Maybe the grandparents will let you use theirs! :)

Our Story: Continued said...

Oh I love her suit! She's so cute!

Nikki said...

Glad you finally got that kid in the pool. :)

Anonymous said...

How cute!! Carson still hates swimming 99.9% of the time. Morgan is getting so big!