May 22, 2008

Rockin'

So I'm totally shocked (and thrilled!) that David Cook won American Idol last night. As JD and I sat down to watch it, from the very beginning I kept saying, "I'm so sad David Archuleta won." Yeah, I'm an optimist :) Needless to say when they announced that Cook beat him, I was in awe. In our experience with AI, the teeny-bopper vote usually dictates the winner. I don't think that was the case this time around ... for which I'm really glad because if David Cook didn't win Jonathan said he wouldn't watch the show for a third [next] season (as he was pissed about Jordin Sparks winning last year).

Now I'll be anxious to hear what kind of music he puts together for his first album. As one last "hurrah", here's a little Cook action from last night:



By now you must be thinking that I'm probably going to go into withdrawl since Idol is over. Oh no! In fact, AI was just a warm up for my favorite guilty pleasure reality show of all time ... So You Think You Can Dance. SYTYCD for short :) I used to be ashamed to admit I liked this show, but no longer. Mostly because I've acquired a few friends who support and share my addiction. If you have never seen it and are a Dancing with the Stars or Idol fan, I encourage you to check it out. It premieres tonight on Fox. You might just be surprised to find you like it ... in which case you can join my fan club!

6 comments:

Natalie Powers said...

Um okay...GO DAVID COOK!!! I was in shock too!! :)

Oh and I LOVE "So You Think You Can Dance".

Great minds think alike. :)

Anonymous said...

I was totally surprised too! hooray! I think I like SYTYCD a little more than Project Runway even. And that is saying a lot in my book!

Anonymous said...

i don't know why that squinty-eyed-pip-squeak brings out such ire in me, but i too was sooooooooo glad that Cook won. and didn't you tear up when they showed his brother mouth "that's my brother" at the end.

and don't forget that cat deeley is enough reason to tune in to SYTYCD. british!

Kara said...

ZZ Top? Wha?????

Anonymous said...

LOL, I could have written this post! I sat there the whole time, complaining that David A. shouldn't have won just because the teeny boppers like him. I was thrilled when they announced the winner. And we anxiously watched SYTYCD last night. Michael is the one who got us into it last year, but I'm totally hooked! :-)

-Christi

Anonymous said...

I was hoping that David A wouldn't win. I'm thrilled David C did. He's a great singer.