Steph and Matt didn't even call us this morning to tell us that they were in labor. Jonathan and I were watching a movie tonight and Matt calls both of our cell phones (which makes us suspicious) so we call him back. I jokingly ask, "So are you having a baby?" And he cavalierly replies, "No, we already had her." I had to question him several times to find out if he was teasing me, but he started rattling off Madelyn's stats and telling me the story. So crazy...
Don't you love her name? They aren't sure yet how they will spell Madelyn (obviously, I'm pulling for this version ... or even Madelynn). I'm adverse to the freaky French spelling Madeliene - like the weird children's book. But hey, she's their kid :) Regardless, they have already given her the nickname "Maddie" which is ironic since I already call Matt "Matty Pants". (1/20 postscript: Looks like they are leaning toward Madeline).

3 comments:
Congratulations to Steph! Madelyn and Morgan. So cute. I bet your parents are uber excited!
Congrats to Steph and Matt. Of course congrats go to Aunt Barb and Uncle JD! Madelyn - enjoy being spoiled by the Walsh, Polites, and Schlueter family.
She is a very cute newborn!
Post a Comment