September 19, 2009

Celebrate Good Times

I think I've finally recovered from the multiple second birthday celebrations so now it's time to post some of the pictures. For Morgan's first birthday, we had a 40+ person celebration complete with fajitas, a stunning cake made by my uber-skilled friend Kara, hay-rack rides, and even fishing out at my in-law's beautiful ranch in Fredericksburg, Texas. I wasn't willing to repeat that feat for year two so I determined to go small-scale. And for the most part I achieved my goal. However, I ended up going small-scale three times over.

The first mini-celebration was at Morgan's MDO class. This was pretty simple - I just made dinosaur-shaped rice crispie treats for the kids' snack time. The teacher graciously allowed me to come and snap a few pictures as well. And just so you know, I gave M the option between star shapes and dinosaur shapes, and she picked dinosaurs. She's very into them right now.


This is what M's hair looks like after she pulls out both her pigtails :(


The next mini-celebration was also pretty effortless. I just brought cupcakes to one of our semi-regular playdates at Dynamoze, a really great indoor play place here in S.A.




Finally, on Morgan's actual birth date, we had Jonathan's parents and sister and brother-in-law over for our "official" celebration - if you could call it that. Morgan was showered with many awesome gifts, including a 42-piece tool set from Aunt Jenny & Uncle Brian (I'm sure she won't lose any of the pieces :). Jonathan and I also gave her a little play kitchen. However, her favorite gifts were those of jewelry. She received multiple necklaces and bracelets. They have been worn EVERY DAY since. And EVERY piece must be worn. It's super cute. However, Jonathan is a little worried that she may have scrapped her enjoyment of golf (a game he loves) for something more girly.

This was the first time Morgan actually showed any excitement over receiving and opening gifts. Makes me excited for Christmas with her!



3 comments:

jen said...

I bet she'll lose a couple of pieces, but she likes that hammer! :) Great family picture!

Heidi said...

Morgan and all that jewelry - super cute!

Kelly said...

We're pretty excited about doing Christmas excitement with Morgan this year.