May 26, 2009

Summer is here!

Now that the thermometer is consistently registering in the 90s and our grass is nearly crispy-fried, I have to relent and admit that San Antonio's six months of summer have arrived. The Midwesterner in me really does try to pretend it isn't here for as long as possible, but there's no denying this sweltering heat anymore. Jonathan even knew I had given in when he came home a few weeks ago and said to Morgan, "Wow, Mommy's wearing shorts. I haven't seen that in awhile." So it's time to stock up on sunscreen, tank tops, and deodorant ... lots of deodorant.

This will be the first summer Morgan is actually old enough to enjoy summer and all its richness. I am going to try to fulfill as many of those required childhood summertime "must's" as I can -- though maybe not all this year. She checked the first one off her list last week - playing in and drinking from the hose. While I was watering flowers, Morgan couldn't keep herself from the appeal of the hose. Although I initially tried to keep her from getting wet, she would not be deterred and I consented to the summertime ritual. She and the dog had a fabulous time drenching themselves in the cold water. I couldn't help but smile and take it all in.

So Jonathan chose a camera angle that makes it
look like I'm urinating in this one. Excellent...

2 comments:

Christi said...

Oh I laughed at your label to the first picture. :-) And I love the one that looks like Morgan and the dog are going after the hose to get a drink at the same time. At least Morgan's enjoyment will help you through the sweltering heat. We're enjoying watching AJ experience things this summer too. Keep posting pictures, we love seeing them!

jen said...

I love the last picture.