February 7, 2009

Hi....Hi....Hi

Yes, we still exist :) 2009 has been busy so far. I can't believe it's February already! In fact, I've already taken my first trip of the year - a baby-free weekend to Illinois for my sister Kel's bridal shower. It was so nice to not have Morgan sitting in my lap during the flight. I forgot how relaxing it could be just to sleep, read, or listen to my Ipod. My awesome husband made the weekend possible, and it sounds like he and Morgan had some quality daddy-daughter time together while I was away. Our next trip will be in March for Kel & Jess' wedding!!

Morgan keeps growing and developing. Just the other day I said to Jonathan as she was pushing a car around the floor making "vroom" sounds, "She's not a baby anymore." Sad :( However, on the up side, she is a blast nowadays. She is full of sparkling personality and goes everywhere in what Jonathan calls mini-high-speed with her chunky little belly leading the way! She is becoming increasingly verbal and communicative, and I love to hear her little voice. Here's a sample (though not very verbose):

I'm a sucker for that funny ballcap on her. And look at all the hair she's getting! It's at the funny unmanageable stage where you can't really do much with it. However, the color is very similar to mine as a little girl.



And since it's been so long and you've been so patient, here are a few bonus shots:

Poor Girl - I just like her in hats!

What you're REALLY supposed to do with a bubble wand.

Oh and for my Twilight-addicted friends who've been waiting with baited breath to hear how I liked Book 1, I finally did finish it. The last seven chapters (which mainly comprised of a good vs. evil battle) vindicated the first seventeen lackluster ones. In the end, I decided that I am just not into teenage love (read: infatuation) stories. They make me sick. I just want to scream, "Get a grip. Oh wait, you can't; your hormones make rational thought impossible." And I'm sure being a vampire doesn't help either. So I'm taking a Twilight break and am reading something else for now. But I may still go back and finish the series just to have plot closure :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, your baby is growing up. My heart just melted when I saw the video. I'm really glad that you were able to have a relaxing weekend. Oh, and I didn't "see" JD that much last weekend. So yes, they did get a lot of quality time together! :) Thanks for posting the video and pictures. They always make me smile and we get to see how the 3 of you are doing.

Mells said...

Morgan IS so big! I love her little "hi's" in the video and the pics are adorable! :) I like the hats on her! She's a hat person! :) Thanks for the update! It's great to "hear" from you. ;)

Christi said...

I'm so glad you blogged! Morgan is so cute and I loved the video. :-) Hope you guys are doing well and that we can see you for the reunion next month!!

Kara said...

So cute - Hi!!