1. A little relief from the busyness.
I finally had two days last week with absolutely NO commitments or obligations! One of those days I didn't even leave the house just to enjoy it :)
2. Time to catch up with friends.
Morgan and I were able to resume our playdate with Kristi and Audrey after a several week hiatus, and Amanda and I enjoyed an extremely tasty breakfast at Magnolia Pancake Haus. I had the most wonderful apple cinnamon waffle ever ... and they even gave free pancakes to Annabelle and Morgan! Could I love MPH anymore?
3. A small group babysitter.
The Newcoms have two new family members so we now have six kiddos in our small group. Kelly brought Christina, one of her pharmacy employees/all-around hardworker/superstar, to watch the clan. She is incredible with kids; I could seriously use a lesson :) AND I was able to secure a full-time sitter for future meetings.
Anyway, why is this super you may ask? It meant all the adults/parents were able to participate in small group without anyone having to miss out in order to watch the kids.
4. A LONG overdue date night with my husband.
Ian and Kara graciously watched Morgan so we could enjoy this privilege. We went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner and then saw Wall E. We tried to brainstorm the last time we had been to a movie just the two of us, and we couldn't even remember! It was so nice... I'm ready to do it again :)
5. Three mornings of prayer time with Jonathan.
We've fallen out of this habit of late and are trying to get back on track. After only three days, I can already see an improvement - we both find we feel a lot better and relate better with one another when we make this investment in our relationship with God and each other.
6. Time to see THREE movies: Sweeney Todd, Singin' in the Rain, and Wall E.
This never happens - maybe one movie but not three! (For those of you who are curious, Wall E is just okay. I say wait until it comes to DVD. And for those of you who saw it, do you agree with me that the underlying message is "Recycle or you'll get fat"?)
7. Morgan has started standing all on her own.
Though not for very long ... which is why I don't have any pictures to post of it.
8. The Fourth of July coming up.
I don't know why I like this holiday so much; I just do. We live in such a fantasticly blessed country, and my heart always swells with pride when we celebrate the Fourth. I think it's all the patriotic music :)
So what are you thankful for?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'm thankful for people like you. :)
I'm thankful for water. For Chick-Fil-A. For music. For babies.
I'm thankful that I can still put gas in my car....although I cry every time.
I'm thankful that we were able to go on a family vacation and meet up with friends. I'm thankful that right now, everyone is asleep in my house (which is where I should be!)
Post a Comment