Sorry, it's been so long since I last posted. Life has been a bit hectic of late. Last Thursday, June 5, my Grandpa Walsh passed away at age 81. A year and a half ago he had battled with and overcome cancer. However, it seems that fight left his body weakened and unable to fight off other smaller health struggles that had come upon him in recent months. Thankfully, he died peacefully and with family at his side. Although difficult for those he left behind, we know that he was ready to be free of the pain of his health problems and is without question in a better place!
While my grandfather was by no means a perfect man, we will remember the legacy he left for our family. In my younger years, my sisters, cousins, and I referred to Grandpa as "Petey-dink" - I think my cousin Julie coined the name, but I have no idea if it was for lack of being able to pronounce "Grandpa" or for some other reason. One of my favorite pictures of Grandpa is posted below - one Easter he laid of the floor and let four of us grandchildren use him as a jungle gym :)
Thankfully, Jonathan, Morgan and I were able to make the trip up to Illinois for his visitation and funeral. It was great to see the many who came to the funeral home to express their sympathies at our family's loss, their care for my Grandfather, and support of my Grandmother. We were also blessed to have a little time together with Dad, Mom, Matt, Steph, Maddie, and Kel as well as the Kilmer family (my Mom's side of the family) - even despite the circumstances, we are always happy to see family!
Thanks to everyone who was so thoughtful and supportive of me and my family during this time; it was greatly appreciated. Please continue to pray for peace for my Grandma, my dad, and his sister as they all work through the adjustment of life without Grandpa.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I'm so sorry! Our prayers are with you and your family! And I must add that I see a lot of you in Morgan from that picture.
Take care,
Christi
I'm sorry about your loss. May God give you and your family peace that surpasses all understanding. Love, Melony
Post a Comment