June 13, 2008

It's not easy being .... ORANGE

Today is Morgan's nine month birthday, and in quarterly fashion, we celebrated with a photo session and a doctor's appointment. Below are her pictures taken yesterday at Portrait Innovations. I'm generally pleased with them; I had hoped for at least one shot with a really great grin showing Morgan's redneck smile (she's got like 3 3/4 teeth - only two of which are fully "in" :). I'm already anxious for her 1 year pictures which I plan on having my talented friend Bre take! Ahh... one year old; that means I have to start thinking about a birthday party. Yikes!

Morgan's doctor appointment also was relatively uneventful. However, the first thing the doctor said upon walking through the door was, "Looks like someone's enjoying a lot of orange vegetables." My reaction: Huh? Apparently, the beautiful gold-colored skin tone Morgan is sporting is not a product of being related to my sister Steph or being a sun-kissed beauty but of eating orange veggies! Makes me wonder if I can get a "tan" that way too... Other than that, she's slightly below average in height and slightly above average in weight.

It's hard for me to believe that Morgan has now been alive as long outside the womb as she was in the womb! Both periods of time have been challenging and life-changing in completely different ways. However, I still prefer having her here with me than being pregnant with her (or pregnant at all for that matter!).


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is too cute! Those pictures turned out great! Glad to hear that she had a good appt. :)

Anonymous said...

She has big, beautiful, brown eyes! Cute outfit. And we can still think of her being sun kissed!

Mells said...

Precious BIG GIRL Morgan! :) She's beautiful. :) I'm so glad that you are recording her growth in pics and blogging about it! It goes by so fast!!!!!!!! God bless you all! Again, thanks for sharing. :) Love, Melony

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are beautiful! We go on Monday for Anthony's 9 month pictures. I love how our children go through these little milestones one after another. :-) And I know what you mean about the birthday party soon. I don't even want to think about it! Where does the time go?!

Thanks for sharing,
Christi

Our Story: Continued said...

What cute pictures! Connor and Darah had their orange days too...their orange skin was from sweet potatoes.