April 16, 2008

Bluebonnet Memories...

... though maybe not all good ones :) My friend Kristi and I decided that our Texas babies should have bluebonnet pictures for their first spring. However, the lack of rain has made bluebonnets hard to find in our area. So after much searching, we were assured that the Wildseed Farm in Fredericksburg both had bluebonnets and would allow us to take pictures of our girls with them. So we packed up the Jeep and took a quick afternoon trek up to the Hill Country.

However, once we arrived we were told by several employees at the Farm that the bluebonnet fields were inaccessible to the public. After some pleading and finagling, we were allowed to go back "for five minutes" - which is not nearly enough for two babies who required coercion to look at the camera and smile. Ironically, some of the better pictures we got came from a small patch of bluebonnets found out in the parking lot!

After leaving the Farm, we also found a few small patches in front of the Frederickburg sheriff's office. Audrey (Kristi's daughter) thought it would be fun to try to pick the bluebonnets ... which made Kristi hope wouldn't land us in jail :) So 115 pictures later, we packed it up and headed up - a little frustrated with our experience and with fingers crossed that we had at least one good picture of each girl.

However, Morgan decided our experience was not yet "memorable" enough. She decided to SCREAM (not cry) the entire trip home to San Antonio - yes, that's right, for a hour and fifteen minutes! My friend Kristi is a saint for putting up with it. Audrey seemed to be in the best spirits of us all - she just laughed at Morgan's fit :)

So enjoy the fruits of our labor...


Audrey curiously inspecting the bluebonnets


Kristi & Audrey

This was just the beginning of the crying...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh. The pictures came out good.

Mells said...

Oh... I love the pic of Morgan just beaming sitting in those bluebonnets! I also got a kick out of the last one where the screaming started! ;) Sorry about the long drive and not being able to really get a chance to take more pics. The ones you posted are GREAT!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Is it bad that I really like the last picture? Sometimes babies totally crack me up, because I just wonder what could be so bad about life?! I know, I don't have kids and I will learn the hard way someday. But for now, it's funny to me.

Anonymous said...

What a cutie! Glad I finally got to meet her :)

Anonymous said...

Kara - I'm so glad I'm not the only thinking that. I completely agree with you! :) Sorry Barb. Yes you may leave her with me while she's screaming her head off so I get a taste of that life! :)

Anonymous said...

Crying or not, she sure is a cutey. And, I am glad that you got those adorable photos, considering how hard you worked for them!

Kelly Benavides